COOL Bricks WP4 Meeting in Minsk
The project partner meeting of the project "COOL Bricks" - Climate Change, Cultural Heritage & Energy Efficient Monuments" took place in Minsk on September 3 - 4, 2013. The meeting was organized for partners participating in work package four (WP4) "Technical innovations".
The inviting party of the meeting was the Republican Centre for Technology Transfer with the support of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the State Committee on Science and Technology and the Belarusian Innovation Fund.
The meeting gathered more than 40 participants, among them 20 participants represented Germany, Denmark, Lithuania, Poland, Russia and Estonia.
Agenda of the meeting could be found here.
On 3rd September during the organized excursion guests got acquainted with the architectural heritage of Minsk and recently reconstructed buildings. During the meeting after excursion participants discussed the progress of the project. In particular project partners exchanged opinions on the draft of the "Analysis of existing buildings for energy-saving measures taking into account the conservation of historical value".
On the second day of the meeting the International Seminar "Technologies for Energy-Efficient Modernization of Historic Buildings" was held. Alexander Lokotko, director of the K. Krapiva Institute of Arts Research Ethnography and Folklore of the National Academy of Sciences, greeted the participants and held presentation on "The state, problems and prospects of the preservation of cultural heritage in Belarus". He also read the Welcome letter received form the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus.
On the Seminar their reports delivered:
- Anton Astapovicz, Belarusian Voluntary Association for Protection of Historical and Cultural Monuments - "Loss of authentic elements during restoration of historic buildings"
- Albert Schett, Department for Heritage Preservation Hamburg - "Hamburg brick problems"
- Tamara Gabrus, the K. Krapiva Institute of Arts Research Ethnography and Folklore - "The problems of preserving artistic authenticity of sacred wooden monuments"
- Torben Rasmussen, Danish Building Research Institute at Aalborg University - "Danish examples of best practice of energy efficient rehabilitation of historic buildings"
- Barys Lazuka, the K. Krapiva Institute of Arts Research Ethnography and Folklore - "Contemporary problems in restoration of historic interiors"
- Yury Pauliukevich, Belarusian State Technological University - "Architectural products for restoration of historic buildings"
- Natallia Andreyenka, International public organization "Ecoproject "Partnership" - "Energy- audit and certification in Belarus".
In the frame of the meeting foreign guests also visited the Museum of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, got acquainted with Belarusian technologies that can be used in the renovation and restoration of historic buildings, and discussed with representatives of RCTT and other Belarusian organizations prospects of implementing joint projects.
The next Project partner meeting of the project COOL Bricks will take place September 16-18, 2013 in Gdansk (Poland).