From 7 to 13 April 2013 Dr. Alexander Uspenskiy, Director RCTT, was participated in the Information Tour "Germany as a Location for Technology". The tour was organized by the Federal Foreign Office for the representatives of 14 countries: Armenia, Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Namibia, Pakistan, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and Uzbekistan.
During the tour, the participants became familiar with German technology, education, funding research and technology promotion. The participants took part in the opening ceremony of the HANNOVER MESSE 2013 and some of the MESSE’s events such as "tech transfer - Gateway2Innovation", Forum industrial IT, Smart Grids Forum, Urban Infrastructure Technologies Forum, Energy Efficiency in Industrial Processes Forum, visited the Hasso-Plattner-Institut (HPI) for Software System Engineering, the German Research Centre for Geosciences, the Federal Foreign Office and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
The participants of the tour were informed about German information resources of education and research:
- www.research-in-germany.de - global portal of German science
- www.humboldt-foundation.de - information of Humboldt Foundation about opportunities for supportn
- www.dfg.de - information about DFG assistance programs
- www.euraxess.de - information and consultation platform for foreign researchers who are interested in staying in Germany
- www.hochschulkompass.de - information about learning opportunities in higher education and international cooperation
- www.daad.de, www.study-in.de/de/ - information about learning opportunities at German universities and scholarships
- www.das-ranking.de - a database with a rating of universities