3rd Belarusian Innovation Forum Was Held
In the context of Belarusian Innovation Week the International Workshop-Conference "3rd Belarusian Innovation Forum" was held in Minsk on November 15–18, 2011.
The Forum was organized by the State Committee on Science and Technology of the Republic of Belarus, the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, other bodies of state administration, and the Republican Centre for Technology Transfer, Union of Legal Entities "Republican Confederation of Entrepreneurship".
The Forum was held under the auspices of the Cooperation Foundation of the Central European Initiative (CEI), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Belarus, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the Baltic Sea Region Programme project "COOL Bricks - Climate Change, Cultural Heritage & Energy Efficient Monuments", UNIDO project to Enhance the Industrial Integration of EurAsEC Countries, journal "Science and Innovations", etc.
The objectives of the Forum are:
- assessment of the present state of the National innovation system; exchange of experience and elaboration of recommendations to boost innovation-based development of Belarus,
- informing the national and international public about the progress of innovation activity in Belarus, CIS and CEI countries.
Over 130 persons participated in the conference — officials from ministries, administrations, scientific and educational institutions, business associations from Belarus, national and foreign enterprises and firms, students, postgraduates, international experts including 17 representatives from 5 foreign countries: Azerbaijan, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, China.
Each Forum member received handouts inter alia:
- Forum program.
- Presentation material of RCTT.
- Flyer of the Baltic Sea Region Program 2007–2013 "COOL Bricks - Climate Change, Cultural Heritage & Energy Efficient Monuments".
- Flyer of the UNIDO project to Enhance the Industrial Integration of EurAsEC Countries.
- Flyer of the journal "Science and Innovations".
- Project of the Resolution of International Workshop-Conference "3rd Belarusian Innovation Forum".
More than 60 presentations and speeches were given at the Conference. The participants discussed actual problems of innovation activity, such as:
- The Strategy of Innovation-Based Development of the Republic of Belarus for 2011–2015.
- The funding system of innovation projects (including commercialization of research).
- Policies and legislation in the domains of technology transfer and intellectual property protection.
- State-private partnership in technology transfer and establishment of innovation enterprises.
- Technology Foresight as an instrument for innovation-driven development.
- International integration in innovation activity.
- Industrial cooperation of the Republic of Belarus with EurAsEC countries: state and prospects.
- Innovation technologies for improving the energy efficiency in historic buildings.
In the context of the Conference took place the Belarusian-Azerbaijan Forum and Scientific Workshop Seminar "Innovation Entrepreneurship of the Young".
The Forum was closed with the Resolution of the International Workshop-Conference "3rd Belarusian Innovation Forum". The adopted Resolution contains advices to the bodies of state administration intended to accelerate shift of the Republic of Belarus to innovation-based development. The text of the Resolution could be found here.