On November 18-19, 2010 the International conference of applied science “2ND BELARUSIAN INNOVATION FORUM” took place in Minsk.
The Forum is organized by the State Committee on Science and Technology of the Republic of Belarus, the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, other bodies of state administration, and the Republican Centre for Technology Transfer, “Minsk Capital Union of Entrepreneurs and Employers” Ltd., business associations from across the Republic of Belarus.
The Forum will be held with the support rendered by the Cooperation Foundation of the Central European Initiative (CEI), the UNDP Office in Belarus, and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the project of the 7th EU Framework Programme “ISTOK-SOYUZ”, Shanghai Stock Exchange, Belarusian Innovation Fund, Belgosstrakh, etc.
The objectives of the conference:
- to appraise the present status of the national innovation system; exchange the world’s best experience and find guidelines for boosted innovation-driven development of Belarus;
- to inform the national and international public about the progress made in the innovation-related activity in Belarus, the CIS and CEI countries;
- to promote the 1st Belarusian Venture Fair.
454 persons – high-ranked officials from ministries, governmental bodies and agencies, scientific and educational institutions, business associations of the Republic of Belarus, domestic and foreign enterprises and firms, students, post-graduates, representatives of banks, embassies, accredited in the Republic of Belarus, experts of such international organizations as UNDP, UNIDO, TACIS, UN Economic Commission for Europe, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), EurAsEC, including 55 representatives from 12 foreign countries: Azerbaijan, Germany, Iran, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Sweden, participated at the conference.
Each Forum member received handouts inter alia:
- CEI Booklet;
- BELGOSSTRAKH Booklet “Intellectual property insurance”;
- RCTT and international law firm ARZINGER&PARTNERS procedure manual “Business in Belarus” (CD-ROM);
- presentation materials of RCTT;
- procedure manual “Preparation of design offers for international technical assistance programs of the European Union: instruction for participants from Belarus” / V.F. Belitsky, B.M. Smolin; edited by L.P. Orlova. – Minsk: Promkompleks, 2010. – p.102;
- TACIS Programme in Belarus. Summary / V.F. Belitsky, B.M. Smolin; edited by L.P. Orlova. – Minsk: Promkompleks, 2010. – p.282;
- Program manual of international technical assistance of the European Union in Belarus in 2007-2013. - Minsk, 2010. – p.60;
- Participation of Belarus in EU Neighbourhood programs. Newsletters No.2;
- EU external assistance instruments for 2007-2013. Newsletters No.3;
- European Neighbourhood Partnership Instrument (ENPI) for Belarus. Newsletters No.4;
- Transnational cooperation program of ENPI “Baltic Sea Region”. Brief advices for the participants from Belarus. Newsletters No.6;
- Trans-border cooperation program of ENPI “Poland-Belarus-Ukraine”. Brief advices for the participants from Belarus. Newsletters No.7;
- Trans-border cooperation program of ENPI “Latvia-Lithuania-Belarus”. Brief advices for the participants from Belarus. Newsletters No.8;
- Issue-related programs under the auspices of ENPI. Check list for the republican bodies of state administration. Newsletters No.9.
The Forum was opened by the following participants: V.I. Nedilko, First Deputy Chairperson, State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus, A.R. Tsyganov, Member of the Academy of Sciences, Deputy Chairperson of Belarus NAS, Antonius Broek, Representative of UN/UNDP in the Republic of Belarus, Rumen Dobrinsky, Director of the Department for economical cooperation and integration of the UN Economic Commission for Europe, K.G. Vinogradov, Head of Innovation Cooperation and Scientific and Technical Programs Department of Directorate for the Promotion on the Territory of CIS of Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Nationals Living Abroad and for International Humanitarian Cooperation (Moscow, Russia), V.A. Mariyev, Head of UNIDO project, Expert for Waste Management of UNIDO International Cooperation Center in Russian Federation (Moscow, Russia).
More than 130 presentations and speeches were read at the conference. The Forum participants discussed such topical issues of the innovative activities as:
In the context of the Forum the following arrangements have been effected:
· Belarusian-Russian Applied Science Seminar on Collaboration in Science and Innovation (co-organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation);
· Applied Science Seminar "Innovation Entrepreneurship of the Young".
Presentation of investment projects in the sphere of new and high technology in the framework of the 1st Belarusian Venture Fair was held at the exhibition of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Belarus “Scientific achievements for production”. The Forum participants also represented achievements of the residents of Iranian Technological Park “Pardis”.
The Forum was closed by the Resolution of the International Conference of Applied Science “2nd Belarusian Innovation Forum”, unanimously approved by the conference participants. The accepted resolution contains advices to the bodies of state administration, directed to accelerated innovation development of the Republic of Belarus.
The resolution accepted is here.