The 11th International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development will be held on 6-8 April 2010 in Moscow. The conference is organized by the State University Higher School of Economics (HSE), with the participation of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.
The plenary sessions on April 6-7 will feature senior Russian Government officials including representatives of the Presidential Administration, high-level representatives of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, leading Russian and foreign academics, and the heads of some of the largest Russian and international companies.
The plenary sessions on April 6-7 and the special symposia within the conference (including selected reports, parallel sessions and round tables) will be devoted to the special themes of the conference:
- "Economic Modernization: markets, firms, and structural changes" and
- "Preserving the Nation: demographic, socioeconomic, and political context".
This year in parallel with the 11th Conference there will be held the Symposium “Advanced International Experience in Science-, Technology- and Innovation-Concerned Policies” and the Conference on the IncoNET EECA Project (an initiative under the FP7. The main topics, to be covered during these two events on 7 and 8 April, are:
- priorities in the sci-tech and innovation policies; institutional reforms in the state sector if science and technology;
- up-to-date approaches and strategies in shaping of innovation policies;
- today’s approaches to innovation policies: intellectual development of new markets;
- internationalization strategies as integral part of the policies in the spheres of science, technology and innovation;
- critical analysis and prospective development of the scientific and technical collaboration of the European Union, Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
- development lines and sectors of the scientific and technical, innovation-concerned collaboration of the EU, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Russian and English will be the working languages of the 11th Conference; simultaneous translation will be available during all plenary and most of the parallel sessions.
Comprehensive information about the 11th International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development is available on http://conf.hse.ru/.
A draft agenda of the events related to sci-tech policies is posted here.