2nd. Forum Science and Technology Days Poland – East took place in Białystok and Białowieża (Poland) on 22 - 24 April 2009. The Forum was aimed at expanding the international co-operation between Polish and European business-and-research teams, R&D Centre’s, companies and SME’s focusing on areas of ICT, environment, health and trans-regional cooperation with partners in Eastern Europe. The Forum is meant to facilitate the launching of economic ventures based on the transfer of new technologies and corporate solutions and to prepare common ideas concerning projects being presently in progress (including the EU 7th Programme, the EUREKA initiative for the trans-regional cooperation).
More than 150 representatives from Belarus, Poland, Ukraine, took part in this year’s Forum.
The event was held under the honorary patronage of several ministries and regional authorities of Poland:
- the Ministry of Science and Higher Education,
- the Ministry of Regional Development,
- the Ministry of Economy,
- the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development,
- the Podlaskie Voivodeship,
- the Mayor’s Office of Bialystok.
The Forum was organized by:
- the International Innovation Centre of East (IICoE);
- the Council of the Polish Federation of Engineering Associations (project co-ordinator);
- the Science and Technology Park Poland-East in Suwalki;
- the Warsaw University of Technology;
- the Technical University of Bialystok;
- the National Contact Point for Research Programmes of the EU (KPK);
- the Polish Chamber of Commerce for Electronics and Telecommunication (KIGEiT);
- the Lviv Centre for Scientific Technical and Economic Information (LvCSTEI, Ukraine),
- the Republican Centre for Technology Transfer (RCTT, Belarus).
During the event Head of the Marketing Division of RCTT Vitali Kuzmin delivered the report “Polish-Belarusian Network for Technology Transfer as an Instrument for European Trans-Regional Cooperation“. An arrangement with representatives of Polish and Ukrainian partner enterprises of RCTT was made on joint preparation of projects proposals under the Trans-Regional Cooperation Programme “Poland-Belarus-Ukraine” and the Tempus Programme.
Besides, during the Forum RCTT promoted several projects developed by the Plasmoteg Engineering Centre with the Physical-Technical Institute of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB), the Grodno Medical State University, the Research Centre of Resources Saving Problems under the NASB, the Institute of Sociology under the NASB, the Belarusian Academy of Postgraduate Education, the Belarusian Institute of System Analysis and Information Support of Scientific Sphere, the Powder Metallurgy Institute under the NASB, the Institute of Microbiology under the NASB, the Belarusian State University, along with a few projects developed by the regional office of RCTT at the Grodno State University, the branch offices of RCTT at some research institutions under the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (the Scientific and Practical Materials Research Centre, the Institute of Pharmacology and Biochemistry).