RCTT took part in the 8th International Salon of Innovations and Investments, held in Moscow on 3 – 6 March. RCTT joined to the event with the official delegation of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB), owing to the support rendered by the NASB, the State Committee on Science and Technology of the Republic of Belarus (SCST), and the UNDP.
The mission of RCTT comprised presentation of the analytical information framework of the Web portal of RCTT, with the information resources on:
- the projects, R&D products, services available with the entities under the NAN and with other clients of RCTT;
- the services and information resources offered by RCTT to foreign companies and investors;
- the Project “Strengthening the National System for Technology Transfer in the Republic of Belarus on the Basis of Information and Communication Technologies” implemented and funded by the Government of Belarus, with co-funding and under the auspices of UNDP and UNIDO;
- the laws and regulations applied to the innovation business and IP protection in Belarus, etc.
In the framework of the major event, there was the International Seminar “Formation of the National Innovation Systems in the Participant Countries of the 8th International Salon of Innovations and Investment in Moscow” held on 4 March at the International Centre for Scientific and Technical Information (ICSTI, Moscow). The seminar was organized by: the SCST, Belarusian Institute for System Analysis and information Supply of the Scientific and Technical Sphere (Minsk), the Russian House of International Scientific and Technical Cooperation (RHISTC), the Republican Research and Scientific Consulting Centre of Expert Advice and Appraisal (Moscow), and the ICSTI. At the seminar Director of RCTT Mr. Uspenskiy presented the report “The Republican Centre for Technology Transfer Contributing to Implementation of the State Programme for Innovation-Oriented Development of Belarus in 2007-2010: the Current State and Outlook to the Future”.
[here you can see the presentations made during the seminar]
On 4 March RCTT and the ICSTI signed a Memorandum of Collaboration. The agreement provides for basic terms and conditions under which the parties should implement their bilateral and multilateral projects, promote the reciprocal technology transfer and joint innovatory activity, support SMEs specialized in the innovation business. In compliance with the Memorandum of Collaboration, the ICSTI is to disseminate the information about the most promising technology solutions and R&D products promoted by RCTT. This will be done by:
- publications in Information and Innovations, the Russian-English journal of ICSTI;
- the ICSTI-hosted shows of hi-tech products suggested by RCTT and its partners;
- presenting Belarusian technology solutions and hi-tech R&D products offered by RCTT and its partners for the exhibitions, seminars, other international events in the ICSTI Network member countries;
- Web-posting of technology offers and requests submitted by RCTT for the database of the science-intensive products and sci-tech development (hosted on the ICSTI server).
RCTT, reciprocally, will:
- analyse, select and present technologies and R&D products offered and requested in Belarus; the project presentation materials will be arranged in Russian and English, in the formats coordinated by the two parties;
- disseminate the information about technology solutions and innovative products from the ICSTI member countries by using all the communication means available: via the specialized databases (e.g. UNIDO Exchange), international news agencies, publications, etc.;
- select and prepare display sets for the national technology show of Belarus at the hi-tech exhibition located in the ICSTI Headquarters;
- disseminate technology offers and requests from the ICSTI among Belarusian scientific and business communities, innovation SMEs by using its Web resources on http://ictt.by;
- coordinate the work on its joint projects with the ICSTI in the fields of technology transfer and commercialization across Belarus and involve business entities as stakeholders for such projects;
- organize hands-on training, probation for representatives of the ICSTI and RCTT at its partner companies, in the framework of the running projects;
- search for and draw funds for innovation projects.
Several issues and challenges related to cooperation in the technology transfer field have been taken up by the RCTT representative and the President of the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations Mr. Venders, Deputy Director of the Investment and Venture Fund of the Republic of Tatarstan Mr.Bilalov, deputy Director of the Republican Research and Scientific Consulting Centre of Expert Advice and Appraisal Ms Merzlinkina, Director of the Rostov Regional Centre for Innovative Development Mr.Korolyov, Director of the Ulyanovsk Regional Centre for Technology Transfer Mr. Pazushkin, Director of the Research Centre on Tests and Finishing Development of Motor Vehicles Mr. Kotlyarenko, Head of the Patent and Licensing Department of the Central Research Institute of Machine Building Ms Pogorneva, etc.
RCTT submitted a technology portfolio of nine R&D solutions to the Innovative Development Contest, held under the aegis of the Salon. All of them had been developed by research institutes of NASB, prepared by the RCTT Headquarters and its branch offices at the State Research Institute for Metal Technologies and the State Research Institute of Technical Physics. Of the nine technologies, six were rewarded gold medals, one got silver, and two were granted diplomas of the Salon.
The descriptions of the prize-winning technologies are available on the Web portal of RCTT, in the “Exhibition” section.