There has been opened 1st call for proposals for the Baltic Sea Region Cooperation Programme, held under the European Community’s territorial co-operation objective. The Programme supports transnational projects from Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden working together for balanced and sustainable development of the European territory.
The strategic objective of the initiative is to make the Baltic Sea region an attractive place to invest, work and live in.
The Programme is to contribute to the following priorities:
- Fostering innovation-oriented research in the region;
- Enhancing the internal and external accessibility of the region;
- Handling the Baltic Sea as a common resource;
- Promoting attractive and competitive cities and regions.
The following partner types are invited to the Programme:
· national and local authorities;
· research and education institutions;
· funds and foundations;
· enterprises owned by local authorities;
· professional associations;
· chambers of commerce and industry;
· public associations;
· other non-profit entities.
Commercial entities are regarded only as self-funded auxiliary partners to the Programme.
The proposals are submitted to the Joint Technical Secretariat of the Programme (Grubenstrasse 20, 18055 Rostock, Germany). The deadline is 30 May, 2008.
You can get more information on the Programme on the specialized Web site www.eu.baltic.net or by phone +49 381 45484 5277.
The Programme brief in Russian has been included in the manual “Funding of Technology Commercialization Projects”. The manual has been developed under the project Project “Strengthening the National System for Technology Transfer in the Republic of Belarus on the Basis of Information and Communication Technologies” implemented and funded by the Government of Belarus, with co-funding and under the aegis of UNDP and UNIDO.