The eighteenth office of RCTT has been established in Minsk, at the Research Institute of Applied Physics Problems with the Belarusian State University. Again, the RCTT network was expanded owing to the support from the State Committee on Science and Technology and the Project “Strengthening the National System for Technology Transfer in the Republic of Belarus on the Basis of Information and Communication Technologies” jointly run by Government of Belarus, UNDP and UNIDO.
The best use of the institute’s specialization will be made to ensure that the new affiliate of RCTT promotes the Institute’s R&D, in particular:
- the state-of-the-art technologies for manufacture of foamed polymers like polyurethanes, and the equipment for the manufacture of products made of such materials;
- the advanced methods, techniques and processes, and the highly efficient materials developed for cleaning water off emulgated, dissolved and surface-spilt hydrocarbon pollutants, so much needed for elimination of man-caused oil spill disasters.
With these purpose, the branch office is to:
- provide online maintenance of the databases (hosted on the Web portal of RCTT http://ictt.by) on the innovation and investment projects of the Institute;
- handle the partner-search and innovation-search requests from the Institute’s clients and post the requests online to the Web portal of RCTT (http://ictt.by);
- submit the specialization-relevant technology requests from RCTT’s clients to the respective departments of the Institute and particular specialists;
- consult the personnel of the Institute on the procedures related to preparation and promotion of innovation and investment projects;
- present and promote the best products and achievements of the Institute during exhibitions, seminars, and other events.
The newly founded branch office will interact with RCTT, its regional and branch offices, as well as with other sectoral and international centres for technology transfer, with domestic and foreign enterprises, R&D entities.
The branch office will be managed by its Director, Mr. Mikhail Ksenafontau
The office’s contacts are:
Address: 7, Kurchatova St., 220108 Minsk, Belarus
Tel.: +375 17 2780404
Tel./fax: +375 17 2155426