Forum Science and Technology Days Poland – East took place in Białystok and Białowieża (Poland) on 17 - 19 October 2007. The Forum was aimed at expanding the international co-operation between Polish and European business-and-research teams, R&D centres, companies and SMEs focusing on areas of ICT, environment, health and transregional cooperation with partners in Eastern Europe. The Forum is meant to facilitate the launching of economic ventures based on the transfer of new technologies and corporate solutions and to prepare common ideas concerning projects being presently in progress (including the EU 7th Programme and the EUREKA initiative).
More than 120 representatives from Belarus, Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine, and Estonia took part in the Forum.
During the event Director of RCTT Alexander Uspenskiy delivered the report “Possibilities of Co-operation with Poland in common Innovative Programmes in the Field of Technology Transfer – view from Belarus”. Besides, he presented RCTT’s projects “Baltic IRC Network” and “Creation of common information and technological space in the field of preservations of the environment in Poland - Belarus - Ukraine cross border region”. The two presented projects were of most interest to the International Innovation Centre of East (Bialystok, Poland), Science and Technology Park Poland – East (Suwalki, Poland), Lithuanian Innovation Centre (Vilnius, Lithuania), Ukrainian Institute for Scientific, Technical and Economic Information (Kiïv, Ukraine), Lviv Centre for Scientific, Technical and Economic Information (Lviv, Ukraine), Volyn Centre for Scientific, Technical and Economic Information (Lutsk, Ukraine). The representatives of the aforementioned organizations have agreed to second the project proposals in case there would be relevant project contests under the EU Programmes for 1007 – 2013.
Besides, during the Forum RCTT presented most advanced projects developed by its Regional Office in Homel and by the Belarusian State University. Also, RCTT promoted a portfolio of projects prepared by its branch offices at state research institutes with the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, namely: the Institute of Informatics Problems (Minsk), the Institute of Pharmacology and Biochemistry (Hrodna), the Central Botanic Gardens (Minsk), the Institute of Technology of Metals (Mahileu).
The event was held under the honorary patronage of several ministries and regional authorities of Poland:
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education,
- Ministry of Regional Development,
- Ministry of Economy,
- Polish Agency for Enterprise Development,
- Podlaskie Voivodeship.
The Forum was organized by:
- International Innovation Centre of East (IICoE),
- The Council of The Polish Federation of Engineering Associations (project co-ordinator),
- Science and Technology Park Poland-East in Suwalki,
- Warsaw University of Technology,
- Medical University of Bialystok,
- University of Warmia and Mazury,
- National Institute of Telecommunications,
- National Contact Point for Research Programmes of the EU (KPK),
- Polish Chamber of Commerce for Electronics and Telecommunication (KIGEiT),
- Lviv Centre for Scientific Technical and Economic Information (LvCSTEI),
- Lithuanian Innovation Centre (LIC),
- Republican Centre for Technology Transfer in Minsk (RCTT) Minsk, Belarus.