One more, this time the seventeenth office of RCTT has been established in Minsk, at the State Research Institute of Experimental Botany of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Again, the RCTT network was expanded owing to the support from the State Committee on Science and Technology and the Project “Strengthening the National System for Technology Transfer in the Republic of Belarus on the Basis of Information and Communication Technologies” jointly run by Government of Belarus, UNDP and UNIDO.
The best use of the institute’s specialization will be made to ensure that the new affiliate of RCTT promotes the most advanced agricultural techniques, methods, and biotechnologies. In particular:
- the ionitoponic and aeroponic methods of accelerated reproduction of virus-free potato in vitro and in vivo and development of the equipment and materials for the technologies;
- development of novel approaches to the diagnostics, identification of viral re-infections of potato and to protection of potato against such re-infections;
- enhancement of the mineral supply of plants, development of artificial nonexpendable substrates and methods for regeneration thereof;
- development of reproduction methods by herbaceous cuttings for fruticous, horticultural, ligneous hylads and hylophites, wild herbaceous plants by using ion-exchange substrates;
- development and testing of biological control agents and other means for protection of plants;
- techniques and methods of pre-sowing treatment of crop seeds.
With these purpose, the branch office is to:
- provide online maintenance of the databases (hosted on the Web portal of RCTT http://ictt.by) on the innovation and investment projects of the Institute;
- handle partner-search and innovation-search requests from the Institute’s clients and post the requests online to the Web portal of RCTT (http://ictt.by);
- submit the specialization-relevant technology requests from RCTT’s clients to the respective departments of the Institute and particular specialists;
- consult the personnel of the Institute on the procedures related to preparation and promotion of innovation and investment projects;
- present and promote the best products and achievements of the Institute during exhibitions, seminars, and other events.
Also, the newly founded branch office will interact with RCTT, its regional and branch offices, as well as with other sectoral and international centres for technology transfer, with domestic and foreign enterprises, R&D entities.
The branch office will be managed by its Director, Ms Tamara G. Yanchevskaya
The office contacts are:
Address: 27, Akademicheskaya St., 220072 Minsk, Belarus
Tel.: +375 17 2842037
Tel./fax: +375 17 2841853e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org