The Republican Centre for Technology Transfer (RCTT) has joined a group of organizations and institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus to take part in V International Salon of Innovation and Investment in Moscow (held from 15 through 18 February 2005). RCTT has been supported and promoted by the Committee on Science and Technology and the National Academy of Sciences.
During the event RCTT presented its computer-aided presentation of the analytical information system on RCTT’s e-portal, to highlight the following major subject areas:
- Belarusian innovation projects (more than 500);
- the cyberexhibition of the advanced R&D products;
- the services offered by RCTT;
- the framework of laws and regulations applicable to innovation entrepreneurship and protection of intellectual property in Belarus etc.
RCTT submitted one of innovation projects, “Production of Organic Fertilizers, Soil Substrates and Artificial Agricultural Soil Based on Organic Raw Materials and Timber Processing Wastes from Belarus”, for the project contest held during the Salon. This R&D product by the Laboratory on Rehabilitation of the Contaminated Area at the Allied Institute for Energy and Nuclear Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (a client of RCTT) got a silver medal of V International Salon of Innovation and Investment.
It is a pleasure to note, that of the nine projects submitted by the competitor institutions from the Belarusian academy of sciences eight projects have been rewarded. Thus,
· a gold medal has gone to the project “High-Quality Work Pieces of Wrought Cast Iron for Piston and Slide Rings” (developed by the Physics-Technical Instityte);
· “SKIF К-500 Supercomputer” (by the United Institute of Informatics Problems with the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus) has taken the Salon’s gold medal;
· yet another gold medal has been awarded to “Power-Saving Electric Impulse Technology for Pasterization of Fluid Products” (a project by the A.V. Lykov Institute of Heat and Mass Transfer);
· one more project by the United Institute of Informatics Problems with the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, “Integrated System for Computer-Aided Design of Complex Products in Machine Building”, has got a silver medal;
· the Salon’s silver has also been awarded to “System for Production of Mineral Additives of Agglutinant Sands” (by the Scientific Production Amalgamation “Center”);
· one more silver medal has gone to the aforementioned project developed by the Laboratory on Rehabilitation of the Contaminated Area at the Allied Institute for Energy and Nuclear Research and presented by RCTT;
· “System for Production of Close-Cut Fraction Extra-Solid Cubiform Crushed Stone”, a project by the Scientific Production Amalgamation “Center”, has taken a bronze medal;
· “Cement Activation System” (the third prize-winning project by the Scientific Production Amalgamation “Center” has been rewarded with a diploma of the Salon.
Under the framework of the event RCTT’s Director Mr. Uspenskiy has held negotiations with several organizations on a vast scope of issues, in particular, with:
- prospects for a technology of pre-feeding fodder preparation with Gimizim polyfermented compound (to be applied at pig farms in Belarus) have been taken up with Mr. Fedorov, Director of Foundation Development of Economic Reforms (Tatarstan) (http://www.gimizim.ru);
- opportunities for entering the Russian market with diesel fuel flow monitoring systems (FFMS), a product of Tekhnoton Joint Venture, have been considered with President of the Moscow Interregional Oil Union Mr. Kuzin;
- delivery of FFMSs, supply of organic fertilizers, soil substrates and artificial soil made of organic raw materials and wastes of timber processing from Belarus have been discussed with Mr. Vikulin, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Agropromtekhnologia Innovation Technical Society from Voronezh (Russia);
- pellet production technologies for the market of Russia have been the focal area with Director-General of ROSPRM Business Concern Mr. Voinkov;
- possibilities of using Uracryl and Coracryl plastic materials by Sanform, Ltd. (Cheboksary, Russia) as the base materials for prosthetic devices made by hot polymerization at medical institutions in Belarus have been the subject of the meeting with Mr. Vahrushev, a representative of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Chuvash Republic;
- Mr. Romanov, an inventor from Russia, was met to discuss the feasibility of production of pulsating rotor units in Belarus and prospects related to a scope of techniques for processing various media by using such units;
- a unit for vertical supply of mortar has been the point of interest with Mr. Krasnov, Head of the Research Engineering Department of New Technologies Company (http://www.new-technologies.spb.ru).
A scope of issues related to collaboration in the technology transfer areas have been taken up with Professor Poliakov, Pro-Rector of the State University of Volgograd (http://www.volsu.ru), Mr. Mukhametzianov, Head of the Innovation Department of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan (http://www.an-rt.ru), Ms Borodulina, Project Director of the Moscow Committee on Science and Technology (http://www.mknt.ru), Mr. Fedorov, Editor of the periodical Herald of Innovation (http://www.respublikaidei.ru), Ms Khurghina, Adviser of OTE S.p.A. (an Italian Company with the FINMECCANICA group, (http://www.finmeccanica.it), Ms Shamrai, a representative of the CORNING Corporation (USA) (http://www.corning.com) and with Mr. Baumgarten, Director-General TST-Consulting GmbH (Germany) The latter two representatives have prepared draft agreements of their companies’ cooperation with RCTT in the area of technology transfer. The covenants are expected to be signed in March 2005.