From 17 to 24 December 2016 the delegation of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB) consisting of Academician Aliaxandr Sukalo, Deputy Chairman of the NASB and Dr. Alexander Uspenskiy, Director of the RCTT took part in the 18th Guangzhou Convention of Overseas Chinese Scholars in Science and Technology and International Innovation Fair, which were held in Guangzhou (China). Organizers of the event: Ministry of Science and Technology of China, the Government of Guangzhou with the support from Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union
The visit of NASB delegation was organized by RCTT and Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union (the Union) in the frame of the Cooperation Agreement signed by RCTT and the Union on 11.07.2014.
The event was attended by about 7000 specialists from 27 Chinese cities, in particular Guangzhou, Chongqing, Shenzhen, Macao and more than 400 foreign experts from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine, France, USA, South Korea, Japan and others.
During its visit the Belarusian delegation:
1. Attended the round table discussion: "One Belt — One Way".
2. Academician Aliaxandr Sukalo, Deputy Chairman of the NASB, signed Cooperation Agreement between the NASB and the Government of Guangzhou. In particular the Agreement provides for establishing the Joint Scientific and Technical Cooperation Commission, in order to coordinate creation of joint research centers for the development of advanced technologies and modern competitive industries in the Guangdong Area of Economic and Technological Development.
3. At the meeting of Guangzhou vice-mayor Mr. Wang Dong with GUS experts there was reached an agreement that RCTT will participate in creation of the International Technology Transfer Centre in Guangzhou. Funding for the creation of the International Technology Transfer Center and its activities will be carried out by the Government of Guangzhou. Besides, the Government of Guangzhou will inform local enterprises about China-Belarus Industrial Park "The Great Stone" promoting the establishment there of joint enterprises that will use technologies developed by NASB.
4. Visited Guangzhou Provincial Hospital of Chinese Medicine, and discussed with the direction the draft of three years Research Agreement between the Hospital and the First Department of Children Diseases of the Belarusian State Medical University on the theme: "Influence of Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatments on Chronic Nephropathy Patients". It is planned to sign the Agreement in the first quarter of 2017.
5. Visited Qingdao International Academician Park, which was opened in 2016. Its main goal is to commercialize the advanced scientific and technological achievements through the creation of high-tech enterprises by inviting leading foreign and domestic scholars (academics) with their teams. The Republican Centre for Technology Transfer and the Office of the Commission for the Management of Qingdao International Academician Park signed a Memorandum of Cooperation. The RCTT will be publishing on its Internet portal (http://ictt.by) detailed information about the possibilities of implementing joint projects in the Qingdao International Academician Park.
6. Informed visitors of the events about scientific and technical achievements from the Catalogue of Innovation Technology Offers by Organizations of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the Catalogue "Top 100 Results of Fundamental and Applied Research of the NAS of Belarus" and the Catalogue of Completed Developments of NASB 2016, services and information resources provided by RCTT to foreign companies and investors, as well as international projects with RCTT's participation - NoGAP, ICE and EEN Belarus.