From 21 to 25 December 2015 delegation of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB) consisting of Academician Aliaxandr Sukalo, Deputy Chairman of the NASB and Dr. Alexander Uspenskiy, Director of the RCTT took part in the 17th Guangzhou Convention of Overseas Chinese Scholars in Science and Technology and International Innovation Fair, which were held in Guangzhou (China).
Organizers of the event: Ministry of Science and Technology of China, the Government of Guangzhou with the support from Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union.
The visit of NASB delegation was organized by RCTT and Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union (the Union) in the frame of the Cooperation Agreement signed by RCTT and the Union on 11.07.2014.
The event was attended by about 5000 specialists from 28 Chinese cities, in particular Guangzhou, Chongqing, Shenzhen, Macao and more than 300 foreign experts from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine, France, USA, South Korea, Japan and others.
During the events Belarusian delegation:
1. Attended round tables discussions: "Implementation of China's Dream" and "One Belt — One Way";
2. Academician Aliaxandr Sukalo, Deputy Chairman of the NASB, signed Cooperation Agreement between NASB and Bureau of Science and Technology Innovation and Intellectual Property of Guangdong Area of Economic and Technological Development;
3. Visited Guangzhou Provincial Hospital of Chinese Medicine, where the delegation got acquainted with the activities of the hospital, presented achievements of Belarusian medicine and discussed prospects of cooperation in the fields of specialists training and joint research;
4. At a meeting with the Guangzhou vice-mayor Mr. Wang Dong Belarusian delegation discussed the prospects of cooperation between the NASB and the Guangzhou government. There was reached an agreement on establishment of the Commission on Scientific and Technological Cooperation of Guangzhou and the NASB to coordinate activities to establish joint research centers for the development of advanced technologies and modern competitive industries in the Guangzhou Area of Economic and Technological Development. It is expected that the signing of the relevant documents on the establishment of the Commission takes place in Minsk in the first quarter of 2016 during the visit of the delegation of the Guangzhou government to NASB;
5. Informed visitors of the events about scientific and technical achievements from the Catalogue of Innovation Technology Offers by Organizations of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, services and information resources provided by RCTT to foreign companies and investors, as well as international projects with RCTT's participation - NoGAP, ICE and EEN Belarus.